Saturday, January 30, 2016

Computer upgrades, heart upgrades







Chad was doing some much needed upgrading to my computer recently.  It got me thinking of how God gets my attention to do some upgrades on not only my heart but my attitude.  

We joke that I have many pop up windows going on simultaneously in my brain.  Chad has 1 box open at a time.  It is one of the MANY differences between Chad and I.  

When Chad learns a new truth or discovers something new in his Christian journey, it is like a light bulb that goes off and he changes immediately. 



Myself on the other hand, have to do it the hard painful way.  Many arguments go on inside my head, why this would be good or why this wouldn't be good. Then slowly so very slowly, I slow down and REALLY listen to what God has been trying to tell me.  Then still it takes a long time to change the unwanted behaviour or attitude, but it is a journey I am on with my Abba Father.  If I would just slow down my pop ups and wait on my Heavenly Father I would have a faster repair time within my heart.  

Isaiah 40:28-31
Do you not know?
    Have you not heard?
The Lord is the everlasting God,
    the Creator of the ends of the earth.
He will not grow tired or weary,
    and his understanding no one can fathom.
29 He gives strength to the weary
    and increases the power of the weak.
30 Even youths grow tired and weary,
    and young men stumble and fall;
31 but those who hope in the Lord
    will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles;
    they will run and not grow weary,
    they will walk and not be faint.

I don't want to grow weary or faint while walking on this earth.  I want to soar with My Lord and walk in His truth and His promises.  My human nature though,  wants to always have thousands of pop ups going off in the brain. 

Psalm 46:10
He says, “Be stilland know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth.”

God commands us to BE STILL and know (that I know, I know, I know of my heart of hearts) that He is GOD!!!  

So as Chad finished up on the computer upgrades.  I was reminded that God isn't finished yet.

Philippians 1:6
I am sure of this, that He who started a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus. 



Walking this faith filled journey together,

Ruth 

1 comment:

  1. I love you! You are able to let us in on the feeling we all share as women, wives and mothers. God is so good and wants us to lean on Him.

    ReplyDelete