Tuesday, August 2, 2011

When you’re living in a third world country, you learn to love your dishwasher….

I love it here, as I have said before, but there are some definite luxuries that I miss from back home. Such as the dishwasher. And my computer. Oh, the loveliness of my computer. Mhm, and our 42” television. We need to get the pictures up, but we have an insane dinosaur-like TV. Big box on the back, antenna poking out the front… yeah, put a dial for the volume on the screen and you got yourself a priceless antique.
Anyway, school’s going well. Considering. I had no idea how complicated those twisty code locks could be. I get it now. But the first few day?! Well, I didn’t use my locker. At all.
Well, this isn’t a big surprise to anyone, but Math defiantly isn’t my strong point. Geometry doesn’t like me, And you know something? I don’t like it either. But something that is probably a surprise to most of you, is that I had to drop Spanish 2. It turns out when you combine Spain Spanish and lack of my alphabet skills with me, and my wacky work ethic, it ain’t pretty. But the rest of my classes, including Yearbook, are going really well. I hope it keeps coming. I really like the school and the kids and the teachers. Everyone seems to want to be there. Really? If it wasn’t for the kids wanting to be apart of the mission field, there wouldn’t be a Ukarumpa. It’s kind of incredible, actually.
Okay, well I’m done jabbering at you now. Keep us in your prayers, Oh and be thinking of me on Thursday, I’ll be playing in my first softball game. Yeah. That’s how I roll.
Yours Truly,
Meliah Michael

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing Meliah! How did the softball game go?!?! Hope school continues to go well. I will be praying for all of you guys, and I always look forward to hearing about how everything is going!

    ReplyDelete