Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Too Much Stuff

After we arrived in Brisbane, we had about a 6 hour layover. The first thing I wanted to do was to make sure that Air Niugini was going to accept our excess baggage fee receipt from Air New Zealand. The main concern was that they were going to want to try and charge us again using their fee rates which would be thousands of dollars for the amount of luggage we were bringing.

I had spent almost 3 hours with between two ticket agents in Spokane and LAX trying to figure out how the luggage would work. The week before we left I called all three airlines multiple times and each time I talked to a different person and would get a completely different story of how I should check my luggage. It gave me a very uneasy feeling that I couldn't really know what they were going to charge until I arrived at the ticket counter!

Anyway, when it was all said and done, we made it through paying $1300 for around 650 pounds of luggage. While that's a lot of money, I am actually pretty pleased with the end result considering the other possibilities that were floating around.

No comments:

Post a Comment